Sunday, October 03, 2004

Mansbridge, my idol--sometimes

First off, how could I honestly argue against the talents of one Peter Mansbridge? He's practically my second dad, I listen to him so much.

But to be honest, I didn't watch the one on one with Gary Bettman on The National (followed by a sit-down with Bob Goodenow the next night). Purposely.

A twelve year-old could come up with the answers those two spinmeisters are coming out with these days. Don't believe me? Let's recap...
Bob: I didn't start it. He started it. We WANT to play. They locked us out first. (scrunches into seat and mopes)
Gary: Na-uhh......We want a season. It's the players' fault.
Bob: No it's not.
Gary: Yes it is!

The whole thing makes grade 3 recess look like a board meeting.

It's just sad that Peter got sucked into this garbage instead of asking probing questions to people that actually matter.

...and on the topic of Making the Cut: Gratch, you're sad. At least while watching professional hockey you can live vicariously through people with actual talent. Now, you've resorted to living through scraps of reality television (a topic for another day I'm sure). Viewing numbers are diminishing because people are starting to realize how ridiculous it is to sit and watch what essentially is a minor-league tryout. If you are so eager to have your taste of hockey, why don't you go down to your community rink and watch a REAL tryout where people might actually care about the game instead of some last-ditch cry for attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home